|LEISURE | NORTHWEST PARKS
FOREST PARK | 5,150 acres
"Covering over 5,000 acres, Forest Park is the nation's premier urban forest. Situated in close proximity to downtown Portland, the Park provides the hushed and peaceful environment of a varied and evolving forest ecosystem. Over 70 miles of trails and firelanes provide opportunities for recreation, education and enjoyment of the park's natural beauty." In Short: Natural, forested area with old growth stands and over 30 miles of hiking, biking & equestrian trails
NW 29th Ave. & NW Upshur St. to Newberry Rd. | Forest Park
JAMISON SQUARE | 1 acre
"The focal point of the park is a fountain which simulates a shallow tidal pool. Water cascades from stone joints into low pools as the fountain continuously recirculates treated water with energy efficient pumps and motors." In Short: Popular, tasteful urban lawn and fountain for kids and adults.
810 NW 11th Avenue | Pearl
WALLACE PARK | 5 acres
In Short: Migrating chimney swifts, basketball and tennis courts, wading pool, grassy fields.
NW 25th Avenue & Raleigh Street | Northwest
In Short: Natural forested area and hiking trails
NW 29th Avenue & Upshur Street | Forest Park
1) Adams Community Garden 4300 NW Cornell Rd.
2) Adams Property 4300 NW Cornell Rd.
3) Ankeny Plaza SW Naito Pkwy & Ankeny St.
4) Clark & Wilson NW Germantown Rd.
5) Couch Park NW 19th Ave. & Glisan St.
6) Forest Heights Park 2999 NW Miller Rd.
7) Forest Park NW 29th Ave. & Upshur to Newberry Rd.
8) Hillside Community Center 635 NW Culpepper Terr.
9) Hillside Park 653 NW Culpepper Terr.
10) Holman Property NW Mountain View Park Rd.
11) Jamison Square 810 NW 11th Ave.
12) Kingsley Park NW St. Helens Rd.
13) Linnton Park NW 105th Ave. & St. Helens Rd.
14) Macleay Park NW 29th Ave. & Upshur St.
15) MLC Pool 2033 NW Glisan St.
16) MLC SUN Community School 2033 NW Glisan St.
17) North Park Blocks NW Park Ave. from Ankeny to Glisan St.
18) Pittock Mansion 3229 NW Pittock Dr.
19) Tanner Springs Park NW 10th Ave. & Marshall St.
20) Wallace Park NW 25th Ave. & Raleigh St.
|"36 Hours in Portland, Ore"
Portland | One of the top humane cities in the US when it comes to celebrating animals and confronting cruelty. Third, to be exact.
Farmers' Markets! | It's that time of year. Our Farmers' Markets section, listed under Food & Drink, offers a complete listing of markets in and around Portland.
< May, 2013 >